Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crossing the Pond and the First Few Days

HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI!

Hello lovely readers. I have arrived at my home stay family's house and so far things are going smoothly! Brenna (a friend of friend who I booked my flight over with) seems to be a really sweet girl and so far we have just clicked and I am so happy that we had each other as travel buddies! All of my suitcases made it AND I was able to use the left over credit on James' phone to call both Marta (future roomie) and my Housing Woman from the airport to make sure all systems were go before hopping into the cab to an unknown place.

Since getting off the plane I've been putting to use my Spanish and so far have been understanding everyone and they understand me! I chatted up my cab driver (who didn't try to rip me off!) and he was saying how it won't be hard for me to adjust to the spanish way of living because people here only work in order to live the way they want, rather than live to work like many do in the states. He did however warn me that often times it is hard for americans to return to their life stye after living here. He also gave me some helpful pointers about things to be aware of when listening to people speak here as well as told me the proper way to order a beer. haha!

I'm staying with a woman and her mother in a quaint but beautiful apartment here in alcala and already feel at home. Right now I'm in my room while Teresa is giving her mother a bath? Yup. She's pretty old... 95 to be exact. Their hospitality has been great so far.
I successfully met up with Marta yesterday around 6 for my first cana y tapa in Spain! And today Marta and I went to get our metro passes so that we'll be ready to travel to our apartment tomorrow!!!! Que bueno.

Well, that is about all for now. I still need to get used to my new sleeping patter and take shorter siestas during the day so a good nights sleep sounds perfect. Buenos Noches al Mundo!

Muchos besos,
Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment