Thursday, September 9, 2010

Uno... Dos... Tres...

So today we had our first day of orientation type meetings. We met with the directors of the the schools we will be working in, even though the representative from my school, Villalkor, didn't come... I met a few other people who will be working at the same school and when we were asked what grade we wanted, infantil, primaria, or secundaria, I was the only person who was excited to jump around and sing songs all day with the infantil students (3-5yrs old?). I'm pretty sure my request will be granted seeing that I was the only person remotely interested. My first day of work is this Monday!!!! and tomorrow we have our Master's program orientation! I'm excited to finally meet other students in the program. It's all becoming real! I'm excited to meet and make friends with the other students but even more excited to make friends with some spaniards!

I just finished eating a delicious meal of tortilla y hamburguesa at a close family friend of Marta's, back in Alcala so that we don't have to wake up as early tomorrow in order to make it to our orientation at 9:30am! In the mist of all this excitement, I had my first moment of weakness/homesickness last night. After returning from IKEA with the last of things we needed for our piso, and a long overdue skype session with Alex and my Daddy, it finally hit me that I will be living here for a YEAR. It's crazy... I'm so lucky to have two "mom" roommies who gave me hugs and took me out for una copa de vino, to make me feel more relaxed and at home. :D I couldn't be happier with the girls I live with and the place where I live. I just wish I could see all the people I love and miss when I miss them the most. Oh well, I will survive! And they will just have to get their hineys over here to visit me and see my awesome new life. Also, once we have internet, I am SURE that I will feel a gazillion times better.

Alright well, time to fall into a deep food coma to wake up early for orientation tomorrow! Stay tuned for more updates!!!!

Besitos para todos!

1 comment:

  1. Te quiero wuapa! Homesickness will come, especially around thanksgiving and Christmas, but just work through it...and know that everyone else abroad is having the exact same experience!

    ReplyDelete